Re: [Hammock Camping] Re: Table Rock State Park, SC

  • Tina Paxton
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 9 4:22 PM
      Well, lets see: the Pinnacle Mountain trail is 4.1 miles one way; the Ridge
      Trail/Table Rock Trail is 1.9 miles if I'm reading it right. So, the loop
      would be 6 strenuous miles. The only other option would be to do the
      Pinnacle as an out-and-back which would be 8.2 miles so I think the loop is
      the easier option. I'll do that on Saturday and hopefully will have legs
      left to go back and do Table Rock Trail as an out-and-back on Sunday
      morning...that's another 7.2 miles round trip. I want to do the Sunday hike
      because the loop on Saturday does not include the summit of Table Rock.
      Okay, so I might be over-estimating my abilities...we'll see and we'll just
      play it by ear...

      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 12 7:34 AM
        Tina, are you still doing this... and if so do you still want some
        company? It is a long ways for me to go so I have been flip-flopping
        about going, but I haven't been out that way in a while and I do want
        to get out this weekend. What time and where can I locate you at
        Table Rock?

        Dave

        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Tina Paxton" <Frecs@...> wrote:

        > Well, lets see: the Pinnacle Mountain trail is 4.1 miles one way;
        the Ridge
        > Trail/Table Rock Trail is 1.9 miles if I'm reading it right. So,
        the loop
        > would be 6 strenuous miles. The only other option would be to do the
        > Pinnacle as an out-and-back which would be 8.2 miles so I think the
        loop is
        > the easier option. I'll do that on Saturday and hopefully will have
        legs
        > left to go back and do Table Rock Trail as an out-and-back on Sunday
        > morning...that's another 7.2 miles round trip. I want to do the
        Sunday hike
        > because the loop on Saturday does not include the summit of Table Rock.
        > Okay, so I might be over-estimating my abilities...we'll see and
        we'll just
        > play it by ear...

      • Tina Paxton
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 12 6:37 PM
          Yes, I'm still going. I'll be heading there tomorrow. I need to check in
          and claim my primitive camp site by 6pm. On Saturday, I'll probably be
          checking in with the Rangers to start the hike up Pinnacle mountain about
          8:30am or so.

          yes, I'm still open for company. I'm not a fast hiker and this is my first
          "strenuous" hike so will probably be even slower even though I won't be
          having to carry a full pack.

          > Tina, are you still doing this... and if so do you still want some
          > company? It is a long ways for me to go so I have been flip-flopping
          > about going, but I haven't been out that way in a while and I do want
          > to get out this weekend. What time and where can I locate you at
          > Table Rock?
          >
          > Dave
          >

          > --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Tina Paxton" <Frecs@...> wrote:
          >>
          >> Well, lets see: the Pinnacle Mountain trail is 4.1 miles one way;
          > the Ridge
          >> Trail/Table Rock Trail is 1.9 miles if I'm reading it right. So,
          > the loop
          >> would be 6 strenuous miles. The only other option would be to do the
          >> Pinnacle as an out-and-back which would be 8.2 miles so I think the
          > loop is
          >> the easier option. I'll do that on Saturday and hopefully will have
          > legs
          >> left to go back and do Table Rock Trail as an out-and-back on Sunday
          >> morning...that's another 7.2 miles round trip. I want to do the
          > Sunday hike
          >> because the loop on Saturday does not include the summit of Table Rock.
          >> Okay, so I might be over-estimating my abilities...we'll see and
          > we'll just
          >> play it by ear...
          >>

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Tina Paxton
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 13 4:08 AM
            Oh, I forgot to say: I'll be the one wearing a pink hat with collector pins
            decorating it.