Re: Table Rock State Park, SC

  • Eddy
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 9, 2007
      the Foothills Trail is on my list of to do hikes. Thanks for the info.

      Eddy

      > I hiked the Foothills Trail twice, once in each direction. One was at
      > the spring equinox and the second was in the winter. It is a pretty
      > fast trail in that it doesn't have a lot of back-to-back-to-back big
      > climbs that just beat you down... it has some tough climbs but they
      > are spaced out pretty well. It has a lot of trail that follows rivers
      > and creeks. How long it takes depends on how fast and long you can
      > hike each day and how much daylight there is. It is a 76 mile trail
      > so for 7 days you have to average 11 miles/day.
      >
      > Dave

    • Tina Paxton
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 9, 2007
        Well, lets see: the Pinnacle Mountain trail is 4.1 miles one way; the Ridge
        Trail/Table Rock Trail is 1.9 miles if I'm reading it right. So, the loop
        would be 6 strenuous miles. The only other option would be to do the
        Pinnacle as an out-and-back which would be 8.2 miles so I think the loop is
        the easier option. I'll do that on Saturday and hopefully will have legs
        left to go back and do Table Rock Trail as an out-and-back on Sunday
        morning...that's another 7.2 miles round trip. I want to do the Sunday hike
        because the loop on Saturday does not include the summit of Table Rock.
        Okay, so I might be over-estimating my abilities...we'll see and we'll just
        play it by ear...

        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 12, 2007
          Tina, are you still doing this... and if so do you still want some
          company? It is a long ways for me to go so I have been flip-flopping
          about going, but I haven't been out that way in a while and I do want
          to get out this weekend. What time and where can I locate you at
          Table Rock?

          Dave

          --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Tina Paxton" <Frecs@...> wrote:

          > Well, lets see: the Pinnacle Mountain trail is 4.1 miles one way;
          the Ridge
          > Trail/Table Rock Trail is 1.9 miles if I'm reading it right. So,
          the loop
          > would be 6 strenuous miles. The only other option would be to do the
          > Pinnacle as an out-and-back which would be 8.2 miles so I think the
          loop is
          > the easier option. I'll do that on Saturday and hopefully will have
          legs
          > left to go back and do Table Rock Trail as an out-and-back on Sunday
          > morning...that's another 7.2 miles round trip. I want to do the
          Sunday hike
          > because the loop on Saturday does not include the summit of Table Rock.
          > Okay, so I might be over-estimating my abilities...we'll see and
          we'll just
          > play it by ear...

        • Tina Paxton
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 12, 2007
            Yes, I'm still going. I'll be heading there tomorrow. I need to check in
            and claim my primitive camp site by 6pm. On Saturday, I'll probably be
            checking in with the Rangers to start the hike up Pinnacle mountain about
            8:30am or so.

            yes, I'm still open for company. I'm not a fast hiker and this is my first
            "strenuous" hike so will probably be even slower even though I won't be
            having to carry a full pack.

            > Tina, are you still doing this... and if so do you still want some
            > company? It is a long ways for me to go so I have been flip-flopping
            > about going, but I haven't been out that way in a while and I do want
            > to get out this weekend. What time and where can I locate you at
            > Table Rock?
            >
            > Dave
            >

            > --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Tina Paxton" <Frecs@...> wrote:
            >>
            >> Well, lets see: the Pinnacle Mountain trail is 4.1 miles one way;
            > the Ridge
            >> Trail/Table Rock Trail is 1.9 miles if I'm reading it right. So,
            > the loop
            >> would be 6 strenuous miles. The only other option would be to do the
            >> Pinnacle as an out-and-back which would be 8.2 miles so I think the
            > loop is
            >> the easier option. I'll do that on Saturday and hopefully will have
            > legs
            >> left to go back and do Table Rock Trail as an out-and-back on Sunday
            >> morning...that's another 7.2 miles round trip. I want to do the
            > Sunday hike
            >> because the loop on Saturday does not include the summit of Table Rock.
            >> Okay, so I might be over-estimating my abilities...we'll see and
            > we'll just
            >> play it by ear...
            >>

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Tina Paxton
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 13, 2007
              Oh, I forgot to say: I'll be the one wearing a pink hat with collector pins
              decorating it.