Re: [Hammock Camping] Re: Hennesy and Laying Flat

  • Scott Schroeder
    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 7, 2007
      Dave, I think you will like the design possibilities with this hammock. It
      seems there is a lot of room for innovation.

      Scott

      On 7/6/07, Dave Womble <dpwomble@...> wrote:

      > Scott,
      >
      > That is a lot of reading material, it will take a while for me to get
      > through all that.
      >
      > Dave Womble
      > aka Youngblood
      > Designer of the Speer SPE and SnugFit Underquilt

    • docteric
      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 10, 2007
        I made up a quick "bridge hammock" prototype last week and it works
        really well. It's not quite as stable as my Speer but it is more
        comfortable for me. While I haven't done it yet, I'll be making a more
        usable one out of nylon and puting a bug net on it similar to the
        Mosquito Traveler. I'm anticipating using hiking poles as the braces
        so I won't have to lug another item.

        I've actually been a bit bored with hammocks this year as I pretty much
        settled on a set up I liked and there wasn't much of a reason to try
        new stuff. Now there is. I get to spend lots of time and money
        again. Whahoo!