Re: [Hammock Camping] DD Hammocks

    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 4, 2007
      sorry to miss your post sam. i have little experience w/ the hh & none w/ the dd.
      but if you go to http://hammockforums.net you will find lots of answers there & several members that may live in your neck of the woods. ...tim

      sjedwardson <sam.edwardson@...> wrote:
      Sorry to re-post but no-one said anything so i wondered if the post
      made it at all ! Anyways.....

      I am looking to buy a hammock to predominately use in the uk. I have
      seen the Hennessy Hammocks and as great as they look and as costly as
      they are I wondered how the DD hammocks sized up against them. Has
      anybody had any experience of either. Also, being in the UK there arent
      that many places that I know of, in fact none, where i can goto and look
      at hammocks in a shop or other such environment. So if anyone out there
      knows of a place in the south (i live in east Anglia) equally i would be
      appreciative information. Thanks again. Sam

    • Stuhr, Tim
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 5, 2007
        I've not heard of that brand hammock. Maybe nobody else has heard of it
        either and that might be why you have not had any replies.

        Stoikurt

        Sorry to re-post but no-one said anything so i wondered if the post
        made it at all ! Anyways.....

        I am looking to buy a hammock to predominately use in the uk. I have
        seen the Hennessy Hammocks and as great as they look and as costly as
        they are I wondered how the DD hammocks sized up against them. Has
        anybody had any experience of either. Also, being in the UK there arent
        that many places that I know of, in fact none, where i can goto and look
        at hammocks in a shop or other such environment. So if anyone out there
        knows of a place in the south (i live in east Anglia) equally i would be
        appreciative information. Thanks again. Sam

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • sjedwardson
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 5, 2007
          Thanks for the replies, I've gone ahead and bought the DD hammock so
          I'll let you know how it goes. Hopefully it arrives tomorrow...

          Regards

          Sam

          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 6, 2007
            --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Stuhr, Tim" <tstuhr@...> wrote:

            > I've not heard of that brand hammock. Maybe nobody else has heard of it
            > either and that might be why you have not had any replies.
            >
            > Stoikurt

            I think you are right about no one being familiar with the DD Hammocks
            on this site. It does look very familiar to me, as in the Twin Layer
            Hammock that Brigade Quartermasters sold at one time.

            Dave Womble
            aka Youngblood
            Designer for the Speer SPE and SnugFit Underquilt