DD Hammocks

  • sjedwardson
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 4, 2007
      Sorry to re-post but no-one said anything so i wondered if the post
      made it at all ! Anyways.....

      I am looking to buy a hammock to predominately use in the uk. I have
      seen the Hennessy Hammocks and as great as they look and as costly as
      they are I wondered how the DD hammocks sized up against them. Has
      anybody had any experience of either. Also, being in the UK there arent
      that many places that I know of, in fact none, where i can goto and look
      at hammocks in a shop or other such environment. So if anyone out there
      knows of a place in the south (i live in east Anglia) equally i would be
      appreciative information. Thanks again. Sam

        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 5, 2007
          I've not heard of that brand hammock. Maybe nobody else has heard of it
          either and that might be why you have not had any replies.

          Stoikurt

          Sorry to re-post but no-one said anything so i wondered if the post
          made it at all ! Anyways.....

          I am looking to buy a hammock to predominately use in the uk. I have
          seen the Hennessy Hammocks and as great as they look and as costly as
          they are I wondered how the DD hammocks sized up against them. Has
          anybody had any experience of either. Also, being in the UK there arent
          that many places that I know of, in fact none, where i can goto and look
          at hammocks in a shop or other such environment. So if anyone out there
          knows of a place in the south (i live in east Anglia) equally i would be
          appreciative information. Thanks again. Sam

          Yahoo! Groups Links
        • sjedwardson
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 5, 2007
            Thanks for the replies, I've gone ahead and bought the DD hammock so
            I'll let you know how it goes. Hopefully it arrives tomorrow...

            Regards

            Sam

            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 6, 2007
              --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Stuhr, Tim" <tstuhr@...> wrote:

              > I've not heard of that brand hammock. Maybe nobody else has heard of it
              > either and that might be why you have not had any replies.
              >
              > Stoikurt

              I think you are right about no one being familiar with the DD Hammocks
              on this site. It does look very familiar to me, as in the Twin Layer
              Hammock that Brigade Quartermasters sold at one time.

              Dave Womble
              aka Youngblood
              Designer for the Speer SPE and SnugFit Underquilt