Re: [Hammock Camping] One tree hammock camping

    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 3 4:33 PM
      if you used a rigid pole from tri pod to tri pod & attached the hammock supports to the pole to stretch the hammock out, all the force from the hammock would be strait down... except when you swing.

      Scott <hacktorious@...> wrote: I have to think about it a little bit more, but I bet you could hook the
      hammock line to the center of the tripod; on the bottom. Thus, the force
      would be pulling the legs into the ground. Then you could hook chains, or
      something between the legs to prevent them from spreading too far.

      You would have to find a good way to connect the pieces to form the tripod
      to make it work.

      --
      Scott
      www.AntiFuel.com