Re: Pentagon Shaped Tarp

  • moabrocks
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 2, 2007
      Sorry for the spelling .... Hammock ...
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 2, 2007
        it seems that it would complicate things in setting up... thinking about how it's going to be arranged each time as you look at the undergrowth & limbs & stuff like that around where you want to hang your hammock.
        also you would always have more guy lines & stakes to deal with. ...tim

        moabrocks <moabrocks@...> wrote:
        I was wondering if a pentagon shaped tarp would work for hammick
        camping. So you would have one side with the larger coverage for a
        porch and the single point on the back side for just standard
        coverage. Would that work to cut down on weight and size? or would
        that just cause problems making a taunt pitch over your hammock? Any
        ideas or has anyone tried something like this?

        - Bryant

        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 4, 2007
          It will do just what you think it will do and I think you will be able
          to get it taut if you use some catenary cuts. I will argue that a
          single point on the back side is standard coverage, it isn't for me.
          <grin> But a lot of that depends on the size of the tarp versus the
          size of the hammock, how close the tarp is to the hammock and whether
          you want to stay dry when you exit the hammock.

          Youngblood