Pentagon Shaped Tarp

  • moabrocks
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 2, 2007
      I was wondering if a pentagon shaped tarp would work for hammick
      camping. So you would have one side with the larger coverage for a
      porch and the single point on the back side for just standard
      coverage. Would that work to cut down on weight and size? or would
      that just cause problems making a taunt pitch over your hammock? Any
      ideas or has anyone tried something like this?

      - Bryant
    • moabrocks
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 2, 2007
        Sorry for the spelling .... Hammock ...

          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 4, 2007
            It will do just what you think it will do and I think you will be able
            to get it taut if you use some catenary cuts. I will argue that a
            single point on the back side is standard coverage, it isn't for me.
            <grin> But a lot of that depends on the size of the tarp versus the
            size of the hammock, how close the tarp is to the hammock and whether
            you want to stay dry when you exit the hammock.

            Youngblood