Re: [Hammock Camping] Re: Hammock Stand

  • Scott
    Message 1 of 25 , Jul 1, 2007
      The corkscrew type will end up breaking. I have been successfully using a
      16" hex bolt in addition to an 18" piece of rebar. The rebar is used as a
      safety backup in a different loop. I will post photos later in the week on
      my blog. I have already posted some.

      --
      Scott
      www.AntiFuel.com

      On 7/1/07, Dave Womble <dpwomble@...> wrote:

      > Someone posted a diagram in photos section showing a technique for
      > strengthening a stake.
      > Maybe it will help.
      >
      > Youngblood

    • kf7gd
      Message 2 of 25 , Jul 2, 2007
        Thanks, Ill try some more today after a trip to the hardware store.

        I plan to try a piece of plywood with 3 holes for stakes (rebar) and a
        central tie point for the guy line. I like your idea better.

        Thanks , Art.