Re: Hammock Stand

  • kf7gd
    Message 1 of 25 , Jul 1, 2007
      Im trying to make one of these but the stake keeps pulling out.

      Suggestions? I have tried the corkscrew type and also a 2 foot chunk
      of rebar. Maybe I just have bad ground.

      Thanks, Art.

      <http://www.campmor.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?partNumber=41339&memberId=12500226>

      Message 2 of 25 , Jul 1, 2007
        Someone posted a diagram in photos section showing a technique for
        strengthening a stake.
        Maybe it will help.

        Youngblood

        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "kf7gd" <kf7gd@...> wrote:

        > Im trying to make one of these but the stake keeps pulling out.
        >
        > Suggestions? I have tried the corkscrew type and also a 2 foot chunk
        > of rebar. Maybe I just have bad ground.
        >
        > Thanks, Art.
        >

        > --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "J.D. Hoessle" <JD@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Anyone else seen this:

        <http://www.campmor.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?partNumber=41339&memberId=12500226>

        > > Kinda cute; but at 8 pounds, I'm not packing it...<g>...
        > >
        > > Klutz that I am, Risk's one post rig wasn't something I could make
        > > work. Maybe this two pole thing would be OK for car camping.
        > >
        > > J.D.

      • Scott
        Message 3 of 25 , Jul 1, 2007
          The corkscrew type will end up breaking. I have been successfully using a
          16" hex bolt in addition to an 18" piece of rebar. The rebar is used as a
          safety backup in a different loop. I will post photos later in the week on
          my blog. I have already posted some.

          --
          Scott
          www.AntiFuel.com

          On 7/1/07, Dave Womble <dpwomble@...> wrote:

          > Someone posted a diagram in photos section showing a technique for
          > strengthening a stake.
          > Maybe it will help.
          >
          > Youngblood

        • kf7gd
          Message 4 of 25 , Jul 2, 2007
            Thanks, Ill try some more today after a trip to the hardware store.

            I plan to try a piece of plywood with 3 holes for stakes (rebar) and a
            central tie point for the guy line. I like your idea better.

            Thanks , Art.