Re: [Hammock Camping] Spammer alert - Sarah Dewey

  • Debbie
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 21, 2007
      Ed Speer wrote:

      > Thanks for the heads up Jamie-I'll check. We've been doing much better
      > keeping out unwanted spammers since we started approving all new member
      > applications. Spammers generally don't take time to respond to the request
      > to explain why they want to join our group, while serious new members only
      > need to write a couple of words to get approved. Trouble makers can still
      > get past this screening process; for them we must wait for their
      > undesirable
      > behavior to surface before kicking them off the List. Of course we also
      > have the option to approve a member's messages before those messages
      > go out
      > to the entire List-sometimes the moderators set up this process for a
      > suspect or troublesome member. I think our moderators have been doing a
      > great job policing the List. We also appreciate advice like yours-it can
      > help stop problems before they arrive..Ed
      >
      > Speer Hammocks, Inc
      >
      > Quality Hammocks for Adventure Camping
      >
      > 34 Clear Creek Road
      >
      > Marion, NC 28752-6407
      >
      > 828.724.4444
      >
      > web site: <http://www.speerhammocks.com
      > <http://www.speerhammocks.com>> http://www.speerhammocks.com
      > <http://www.speerhammocks.com>
      >
      > email: <mailto:info@...
      > <mailto:info%40speerhammocks.com>> info@...
      > <mailto:info%40speerhammocks.com>
      >
      > Hammock Camping (the book)
      >
      > The Complete Guide to Greater Comfort, Convenience and Freedom
      >
      > http://www.hammockcamping.com <http://www.hammockcamping.com>
      >
      > Also FREE Reports! FREE Hammock Camping Newsletters!
      >
      > Hammock Camping News (FREE e-zines)
      >
      > http://www.hammockcamping.com/Newsletters/NEWS.htm
      > <http://www.hammockcamping.com/Newsletters/NEWS.htm>
      >
      > Hammock Camping-L (email List)
      >
      > a FREE open discussion group Learn from the experts!

      > _____
      >
      > From: hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com
      > <mailto:hammockcamping%40yahoogroups.com>

      Hi Ed

      Just wanted to let you know that I am still around and I do love to get
      the e-mails and the ideas that some people have are awesome. I try to
      read most of them when I have a chance too. I am just guiding in the
      back country a lot these days. So please keep me on the e-mail list and
      thank you for keeping the spam out out for the group.
      Much appreciated.
      Debbie from Alberta, Canada