Spammer alert - Sarah Dewey

  • chcoa
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 21, 2007
      Sarah Dewey <common.man09@...> moderators watch out for this one.
      She/he somehow made it into my yahoo group, which is closed to the
      public. I also saw him/her over on the gearswap group.

      Jamie in AZ
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 21, 2007
        Thanks for the heads up Jamie-I'll check. We've been doing much better
        keeping out unwanted spammers since we started approving all new member
        applications. Spammers generally don't take time to respond to the request
        to explain why they want to join our group, while serious new members only
        need to write a couple of words to get approved. Trouble makers can still
        get past this screening process; for them we must wait for their undesirable
        behavior to surface before kicking them off the List. Of course we also
        have the option to approve a member's messages before those messages go out
        to the entire List-sometimes the moderators set up this process for a
        suspect or troublesome member. I think our moderators have been doing a
        great job policing the List. We also appreciate advice like yours-it can
        help stop problems before they arrive..Ed

        Speer Hammocks, Inc

        Quality Hammocks for Adventure Camping

        34 Clear Creek Road

        Marion, NC 28752-6407

        828.724.4444

        web site: <http://www.speerhammocks.com> http://www.speerhammocks.com

        email: <mailto:info@...> info@...

        Hammock Camping (the book)

        The Complete Guide to Greater Comfort, Convenience and Freedom

        http://www.hammockcamping.com

        Also FREE Reports! FREE Hammock Camping Newsletters!

        Hammock Camping News (FREE e-zines)

        http://www.hammockcamping.com/Newsletters/NEWS.htm

        Hammock Camping-L (email List)

        a FREE open discussion group Learn from the experts!

        _____

        She/he somehow made it into my yahoo group, which is closed to the
        public. I also saw him/her over on the gearswap group.

        Jamie in AZ

      • Debbie
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 21, 2007
          Ed Speer wrote:

          > Thanks for the heads up Jamie-I'll check. We've been doing much better
          > keeping out unwanted spammers since we started approving all new member
          > applications. Spammers generally don't take time to respond to the request
          > to explain why they want to join our group, while serious new members only
          > need to write a couple of words to get approved. Trouble makers can still
          > get past this screening process; for them we must wait for their
          > undesirable
          > behavior to surface before kicking them off the List. Of course we also
          > have the option to approve a member's messages before those messages
          > go out
          > to the entire List-sometimes the moderators set up this process for a
          > suspect or troublesome member. I think our moderators have been doing a
          > great job policing the List. We also appreciate advice like yours-it can
          > help stop problems before they arrive..Ed
          >
          > Speer Hammocks, Inc
          >
          > Quality Hammocks for Adventure Camping
          >
          > 34 Clear Creek Road
          >
          > Marion, NC 28752-6407
          >
          > 828.724.4444
          >
          > web site: <http://www.speerhammocks.com
          > <http://www.speerhammocks.com>> http://www.speerhammocks.com
          > <http://www.speerhammocks.com>
          >
          > email: <mailto:info@...
          > <mailto:info%40speerhammocks.com>> info@...
          > <mailto:info%40speerhammocks.com>
          >
          > Hammock Camping (the book)
          >
          > The Complete Guide to Greater Comfort, Convenience and Freedom
          >
          > http://www.hammockcamping.com <http://www.hammockcamping.com>
          >
          > Also FREE Reports! FREE Hammock Camping Newsletters!
          >
          > Hammock Camping News (FREE e-zines)
          >
          > http://www.hammockcamping.com/Newsletters/NEWS.htm
          > <http://www.hammockcamping.com/Newsletters/NEWS.htm>
          >
          > Hammock Camping-L (email List)
          >
          > a FREE open discussion group Learn from the experts!

          > _____
          >
          > From: hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com
          > <mailto:hammockcamping%40yahoogroups.com>

          Hi Ed

          Just wanted to let you know that I am still around and I do love to get
          the e-mails and the ideas that some people have are awesome. I try to
          read most of them when I have a chance too. I am just guiding in the
          back country a lot these days. So please keep me on the e-mail list and
          thank you for keeping the spam out out for the group.
          Much appreciated.
          Debbie from Alberta, Canada