First MAHHA Hang-Oct. 5-7

  • Michael Quitt
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 19, 2007
      Hello All,
      You are invited to join Redtail (Steve Doxzen) and I (Michael Quitt)
      at the first Mid-Atlantic Hammock Hangers Association group hang
      which will take place on the weekend of October 5-7 at the shelter at
      Crampton Gap on the AT. The shelter is only a 1/2 mile walk from
      Gathland State Park in Maryland. Besides the shelter, there is a nice
      size flat area above the shelter with plenty of trees as well as
      trees below the shelter to hang from. There is a spring and a porta-
      john there as well, but since we are so close to the park we should
      be able to use the bathrooms there if anyone chooses to. There is
      plenty of parking on the North Lot in the park which is the closest
      to the trail and I've been told by park officials that there is no
      problem leaving cars there for a couple of nights.
      I'll bring burgers, hot dogs and veggie burgers that we can cook over
      a fire near the shelter one night. If they will deliver to the
      park :^) I'll try to get pizza for one of the nights as well, but I
      know that they won't deliver to the shelter :^).
      We'll provide directions at a later date, but we wanted to let
      everyone know as soon as we could so that you could mark that weekend
      in your calendar.
      Please let us know if you plan on attending.
    • B D
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 20, 2007
        I previously hung there at Crampton Gap. It's a great place. That climb from Gathland to the shelter is a good one. There is a soda machine at the park unless it's broken. Take care and enjoy. Dave

      • seuss910
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 20, 2007
          The nearest town is Burkittsville, MD. Will this be the Blair Witch
          Hangout?

          --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Quitt" <QPens@...> wrote:

          > Hello All,
          > You are invited to join Redtail (Steve Doxzen) and I (Michael Quitt)
          > at the first Mid-Atlantic Hammock Hangers Association group hang
          > which will take place on the weekend of October 5-7 at the shelter at
          > Crampton Gap on the AT. The shelter is only a 1/2 mile walk from
          > Gathland State Park in Maryland. Besides the shelter, there is a nice
          > size flat area above the shelter with plenty of trees as well as
          > trees below the shelter to hang from. There is a spring and a porta-
          > john there as well, but since we are so close to the park we should
          > be able to use the bathrooms there if anyone chooses to. There is
          > plenty of parking on the North Lot in the park which is the closest
          > to the trail and I've been told by park officials that there is no
          > problem leaving cars there for a couple of nights.
          > I'll bring burgers, hot dogs and veggie burgers that we can cook over
          > a fire near the shelter one night. If they will deliver to the
          > park :^) I'll try to get pizza for one of the nights as well, but I
          > know that they won't deliver to the shelter :^).
          > We'll provide directions at a later date, but we wanted to let
          > everyone know as soon as we could so that you could mark that weekend
          > in your calendar.
          > Please let us know if you plan on attending.

        • Paul Kaercher
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 20, 2007
            Thanks for the invite, I'll try and make it.

            Paul
          • hacktorious
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 21, 2007
              As of right now I am going to plan on being there with at least 1
              guest. However, it really depends on how hectic school is going. I
              started working on my masters, and it can get crazy. Even if school
              is crazy I should be able to stop by for at least one night.

              --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Quitt" <QPens@...> wrote:

              > Hello All,
              > You are invited to join Redtail (Steve Doxzen) and I (Michael Quitt)
              > at the first Mid-Atlantic Hammock Hangers Association group hang
              > which will take place on the weekend of October 5-7 at the shelter at
              > Crampton Gap on the AT. The shelter is only a 1/2 mile walk from
              > Gathland State Park in Maryland. Besides the shelter, there is a nice
              > size flat area above the shelter with plenty of trees as well as
              > trees below the shelter to hang from. There is a spring and a porta-
              > john there as well, but since we are so close to the park we should
              > be able to use the bathrooms there if anyone chooses to. There is
              > plenty of parking on the North Lot in the park which is the closest
              > to the trail and I've been told by park officials that there is no
              > problem leaving cars there for a couple of nights.
              > I'll bring burgers, hot dogs and veggie burgers that we can cook over
              > a fire near the shelter one night. If they will deliver to the
              > park :^) I'll try to get pizza for one of the nights as well, but I
              > know that they won't deliver to the shelter :^).
              > We'll provide directions at a later date, but we wanted to let
              > everyone know as soon as we could so that you could mark that weekend
              > in your calendar.
              > Please let us know if you plan on attending.

            • Steve
              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 22, 2007
                --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "seuss910" <wrv77@...> wrote:

                > The nearest town is Burkittsville, MD. Will this be the Blair Witch
                > Hangout?

                If the random hammocker disappears, never to return, then yes.
                Otherwise, no. I guess you will just have to come to find out.

                Mua-hahahaha!!!
                -Redtail
              • GREGORY WELKER
                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 25, 2007
                  This sounds great - I'm located in Bowie, MD. I need to resolve a possible conflict on my schedule, but would like to attend.

                  Greg Welker