This combination is great!

  • bukubass
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 16, 2007
      For most of my three season camping I use a Hennessy "Expedition Deluxe."
      Like many, I was having trouble finding the right combination of bag
      and pad that worked well i.e. lightweight, easy set-up, provides
      enough insulation, holds its position in the hammock while entering
      and exiting.
      The bag is a Big Agness "Cross Mountain":
      http://www.bigagnes.com/str_bags.php?id=cm
      with a left hand zipper.
      Into the pad sleeve, I place a Insul-mat 3/4 length "max-thermo":
      http://www.pacoutdoor.com/2006/index.cfm?action=product&productID=6&groupID=1&familyID=1
      I line up the bottom of the pad near the lower end of the slit with
      the lower portion of the bag is to the right.
      The rigidity of the pad does a fine job of keeping the bag in place.
      With the bag's zipper on the left and the zipper's top slider aligned
      with the lower end of the pad, it's easy to enter by sitting of the
      pad, swing the feet into the lower part of the bag, and cover myself.
      I sleep warmly down to upper 30s temps.
    • Coy
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 16, 2007
        I agree, plus still good for the ground if needed. not quite as
        comfortable as underquilts or bag over hammock but not bad. I am
        testing these for BGT right now and report on my hammock usage.
        scroll down far enough and there are a few hammock pics.

        BA Lost Ranger bag

        http://tinyurl.com/ywfqeq

        and the Dual Core air mattress I'm using with it.

        http://tinyurl.com/2fgcbs

        Coy Boy

        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "bukubass" <bukubass@...>