Re: Double layered hammock vs. Cold weather....

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 16, 2003
      Hi Tony,

      The double layer as I thought about it was really built to be able to
      use a pad for cool/cold weather without having to sleep directly on
      the pad in the hammock. I found that somewhat uncomfortable and it
      kept moving around too much for my liking.

      I believe it could be used in colder weather by putting some other
      rather uncompressable insulation under the pad in the double bottom,
      though it should not be so thick as to cause too much of the weight
      to be borne by the single bottom layer. This might include perhaps a
      quarter to a half inch of otherwise unusued clothes, for example.

      Rick

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, Tony Burnett