Re: Hammock Camping Double-fabric hammock and flooring underlay

  • alidisaster
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 16, 2003
      The knot came out of 'not' having enough rope - think I will get some
      more webbing.

      The fabric worked well. It is a very tight weave - in habidashers
      they call it 'satin'. It actually looks ok in the woods - looks like
      a lot of the shell fabrics used on tents and jackets . . .

      It comes in 60" widths as well - I might try using it for a fly,
      with the addition of a DWR treatment like nikwax. Certainly cheap, &
      seems strong enough. It is very thin - slightly translucent & 6mtrs
      of it balled up to the size of a small loaf.

      Lack of money certainly inspires creativity!

      I wasn't away anywhere special - on a teaching course I attend every
      month (in the UK). To get there, I have a 4.5hr train trip, then 4
      mile walk through the woods. There are woods where the course is
      held - normally most ppl sleep in school classrooms - so it makes a
      good place to try out new ideas - I can always chicken out and go
      inside, plus I have to carry the gear.

      > Thanks for the report--glad to hear you were able to adjust and
      make the
      > hammock work. Sounds like a lot of creativity too--skirt lining,
      guitar
      > string knot, laminate flooring underlay, etc. Where was your trip?
      > ...Ed
      s/> .