19th SEHHA Campout--Hot Springs, NC

    Message 1 of 34 , Jun 7, 2007
      By that time Eddy, many folks will probably already be asleep, but some will
      probably still be up at the campfire. The site is #413, which is beside the
      river near the cabins right behind the camp store. I'll try & keep one end
      of the site open for you so you can set up without disturbing other folks.

      All late arrivals should be aware that parking at the campsite can be a
      problem because the campground manager considers some of the prime parking
      spaces at the campsite to be off limits. I'll try & mark the disallowed
      parking spaces with orange tape, but it can still be confusing in the dark.
      Basically we need to make sure we're not blocking access to other campsites
      & this isn't very obvious even in the daytime. There is plenty of close-by
      parking for everyone, but this problem right at the campsite has been
      contentious on most of our other campouts and the campground manager watches
      us pretty close. Sometimes, an apparently empty parking space in the midst
      of all of our parked cars is actually the access drive to an adjacent
      campsite--Your help with this will be greatly appreciated...Ed

      Moderator, Hammock Camping List

      Editor, Hammock Camping News

      Owner, Speer Hammocks Inc

      _____

      Message 34 of 34 , Jun 12, 2007
        well, i am glad everyone enjoyed themselfs:). i hope to be attending the one
        in septermber.looking at the posted pics at the moment....