19th SEHHA Campout--Hot Springs, NC

    Message 1 of 34 , Jun 7, 2007
      We have 30 guests planning to attend this weekend's campout at Hot Springs,
      NC! This promises to be our biggest gathering ever, so Karen & I are really
      excited! I've been packing the van all morning-fire wood, beer, hot dogs,
      chairs, and canopy. Oh yeah, hammocks too! I'll be arriving mid morning
      tomorrow to get our camp all set up. Guests will be arriving tonight,
      Friday & Saturday; some are even hiking in on the Appalachian Trail!
      Several long-distance hikers will also be there, so it'll be quite the
      old-timers reunion! All of the popular hammock models should be well
      represented-and we should have a good turn out again of the DIY crowd.
      There'll be numerous new faces as well! The hammock chatter won't stop all
      weekend long!

      Remember to bring your own food & drinks, chairs, hammocks & stands if you
      have them. Speer Hammocks is hosting the Saturday night Hot Dog Roast, but
      everyone is welcome to bring snacks to share all weekend. Our site has
      trees for about 20 hammocks, plus open space for 5-10 stands. Additional
      trees are available at adjacent campsites that we can spill over into if the
      need arrives. Parking is limited to about 10 cars at the campsite itself,
      but plentiful about 500' away. So please unload at the site, then park in
      the designated spot nearby. The weather will be HOT, so bring your bathing
      suit for afternoon dips in the river! Forecast calls for highs of 90-92F,
      lows of 60-66F, and 30% chance of isolated thunder boomers each day-yeah
      that means we'll get rained on! But we're tough-right! Actually afternoon
      showers will be a welcome relief from the summer heat.

      It's also the Bluff Mountain Bluegrass Festival on Saturday-music on the
      lawn all day. Bring your own instruments for impromptu music at our
      campsite!

      See ya this weekend...Ed

      Moderator, Hammock Camping List

      Editor, Hammock Camping News

      Owner, Speer Hammocks Inc

      _____

      Message 34 of 34 , Jun 12, 2007
        well, i am glad everyone enjoyed themselfs:). i hope to be attending the one
        in septermber.looking at the posted pics at the moment....