New SnugFit Question

    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 6, 2007
      The SnugFit UnderQuilt just offers an option which allows you to use the
      sleeping bag you already have. It's good only to 30F, but can be used lower
      if sleeping pads are added to the hammock. The PeaPod is good to 20F and
      easily can be modified with numerous options to extend to lower temps. For
      really cold temps, I'd grab my PeaPod first. And yes they can be used
      together-you going to the Artic or something? .Ed

      Moderator, Hammock Camping List

      Editor, Hammock Camping News

      Owner, Speer Hammocks Inc

      _____

      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 6, 2007
        Just thinking in terms of winter camping.

        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 7, 2007
          Yeah, staying warm is the big challenge. And I now offer three outstanding
          solutions: the PeaPod, the SnugFit UnderQuilt, and the SPEs---and you get to
          choose which solution you prefer. The PeaPod's strength is efficiency of
          weight and volume as a total insulation package. The SnugFit's strength is
          in comfort, i.e. sleeping on more of a diagonal with no cold spots and being
          virtually adjustment free, particularly as you move around. The SPEs
          strengths are low-cost and multiple use of items already in your pack
          anyway. And then there are personal preferences, such as total weight &
          bulk, using with bugnets, hammock size, hammock types, and increasing warmth
          by using items like the Speer Top Blankets or the Speer SPE and pads in
          general.

          I'm just trying to be all inclusive and give hammockers plenty of choices to
          solve their individual needs. And I'm learning a lot from this List--you
          people rock! So keep the comments coming....Ed