Re: [Hammock Camping] New SnugFit Question

  • amendment2@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 6, 2007
      Ed, how does this compare to the peapod? Does it replace the peapod or can
      they be used together?
      Thanks,
      Dave Fox
      aka beeman

      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 6, 2007
        The SnugFit UnderQuilt just offers an option which allows you to use the
        sleeping bag you already have. It's good only to 30F, but can be used lower
        if sleeping pads are added to the hammock. The PeaPod is good to 20F and
        easily can be modified with numerous options to extend to lower temps. For
        really cold temps, I'd grab my PeaPod first. And yes they can be used
        together-you going to the Artic or something? .Ed

        Moderator, Hammock Camping List

        Editor, Hammock Camping News

        Owner, Speer Hammocks Inc

        _____

        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 6, 2007
          Just thinking in terms of winter camping.

          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 7, 2007
            Yeah, staying warm is the big challenge. And I now offer three outstanding
            solutions: the PeaPod, the SnugFit UnderQuilt, and the SPEs---and you get to
            choose which solution you prefer. The PeaPod's strength is efficiency of
            weight and volume as a total insulation package. The SnugFit's strength is
            in comfort, i.e. sleeping on more of a diagonal with no cold spots and being
            virtually adjustment free, particularly as you move around. The SPEs
            strengths are low-cost and multiple use of items already in your pack
            anyway. And then there are personal preferences, such as total weight &
            bulk, using with bugnets, hammock size, hammock types, and increasing warmth
            by using items like the Speer Top Blankets or the Speer SPE and pads in
            general.

            I'm just trying to be all inclusive and give hammockers plenty of choices to
            solve their individual needs. And I'm learning a lot from this List--you
            people rock! So keep the comments coming....Ed