Re: [Hammock Camping] Quilt modifcations

  • trailsnail2000
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 4, 2007
      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "C C Wayah" <ccwayah@...>
      wrote:

      > One idea to stuff the quilt/bag is to use a small pup type tent and
      go
      > inside to stuff the bag with down All the feathers will be
      contained or at
      > least most of them. Then you can vacum most of the rest up much
      eaiser and
      > stuff the vacuumed ones into the quilt..
      > Rogene
      > Ps I;m adding somthing like this to my down sleepig bag that the
      zipper
      > won;'t stay closed adn I sleep restless so loos the sleeping pad
      all over
      > the hammock.

      Hey C C Wayah

      Someone on this list, I think, or some other MYOG site, suggested
      using a vaccuum cleaner with some netting over one of the tubes. You
      suck the down out of it's bag, shut off the vaccuum, remove the tube,
      then blow the down into your project with your breath. This works
      great and very little waste/mess. I used this method last year on a
      down under quilt, and am sold on the procedure.

      Ciao,
      Trailsnail
    • C C Wayah
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 5, 2007
        Thankx for this great improvement in stuffing down.
        I'll remember it for next time I sew up dwn cover..
        CCWayah

        > Hey C C Wayah
        >
        > Someone on this list, I think, or some other MYOG site, suggested
        > using a vaccuum cleaner with some netting over one of the tubes. You
        > suck the down out of it's bag, shut off the vaccuum, remove the tube,
        > then blow the down into your project with your breath. This works
        > great and very little waste/mess. I used this method last year on a
        > down under quilt, and am sold on the procedure.
        >
        > Ciao,
        > Trailsnail
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Stuhr, Tim
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 7, 2007
          It was Just Jeff, here's his site with instructions.
          http://www.tothewoods.net/StuffingDown.html

          Stoikurt