Re: [Hammock Camping] Quilt modifcations

  • C C Wayah
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 4, 2007
      One idea to stuff the quilt/bag is to use a small pup type tent and go
      inside to stuff the bag with down All the feathers will be contained or at
      least most of them. Then you can vacum most of the rest up much eaiser and
      stuff the vacuumed ones into the quilt..
      Rogene
      Ps I;m adding somthing like this to my down sleepig bag that the zipper
      won;'t stay closed adn I sleep restless so loos the sleeping pad all over
      the hammock.

      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 4, 2007
        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "C C Wayah" <ccwayah@...>
        wrote:

        > One idea to stuff the quilt/bag is to use a small pup type tent and
        go
        > inside to stuff the bag with down All the feathers will be
        contained or at
        > least most of them. Then you can vacum most of the rest up much
        eaiser and
        > stuff the vacuumed ones into the quilt..
        > Rogene
        > Ps I;m adding somthing like this to my down sleepig bag that the
        zipper
        > won;'t stay closed adn I sleep restless so loos the sleeping pad
        all over
        > the hammock.

        Hey C C Wayah

        Someone on this list, I think, or some other MYOG site, suggested
        using a vaccuum cleaner with some netting over one of the tubes. You
        suck the down out of it's bag, shut off the vaccuum, remove the tube,
        then blow the down into your project with your breath. This works
        great and very little waste/mess. I used this method last year on a
        down under quilt, and am sold on the procedure.

        Ciao,
        Trailsnail
      • C C Wayah
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 5, 2007
          Thankx for this great improvement in stuffing down.
          I'll remember it for next time I sew up dwn cover..
          CCWayah

          > Hey C C Wayah
          >
          > Someone on this list, I think, or some other MYOG site, suggested
          > using a vaccuum cleaner with some netting over one of the tubes. You
          > suck the down out of it's bag, shut off the vaccuum, remove the tube,
          > then blow the down into your project with your breath. This works
          > great and very little waste/mess. I used this method last year on a
          > down under quilt, and am sold on the procedure.
          >
          > Ciao,
          > Trailsnail
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Stuhr, Tim
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 7, 2007
            It was Just Jeff, here's his site with instructions.
            http://www.tothewoods.net/StuffingDown.html

            Stoikurt