Quilt modifcations

  • trailsnail2000
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 4, 2007
      Hey There,

      I am loving sleeping in a hammock, however keeping the bag on top
      on the pad or pads is a problem. So this is what I've come up with.

      I'm building a new down sleeping quilt with some 750 down Ed sold
      me a couple of years ago (It takes me a while to get started) A few
      features I'm using may be of interest. 1 Draw string closure to foot
      box so the quilt can be worn, allows ventilation and simplfies the
      design. 2 Straps from edge to edge (sort of like Nanatak's bags) to
      hold the pad. And pockets on the edges of the quilt(sort of like ED's
      SPE) to hold foam insulation or extra clothing.

      I had hoped to finish this past weekend but the foot control on my
      machine quit. Maybe I can use the wifes sewing machine tonight.

      Ciao,
      Trailsnail
    • Chuck Haak
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 5, 2007
        Do you have his and hers sewing machines at your house?

        Chuck Haak

        Trailsnail wrote:

        I had hoped to finish this past weekend but the foot control on my
        machine quit. Maybe I can use the wifes sewing machine tonight.

        .

        <http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97359714/grpId=8969804/grpspId=1705065843/msgId
        =17550/stime=1181006351/nc1=4430620/nc2=4609192/nc3=3>

      • trailsnail2000
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 6, 2007
          --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Chuck Haak" <chuckhaak@...>
          wrote:

          > Do you have his and hers sewing machines at your house?
          >
          > Chuck Haak

          Hey Chuck

          You bet,we do. I've an old Kemore with metal gears. If the layers
          of pack cloth and webbing can fit under the foot, it will sew. The
          better half of our team has a pricy Hasquavarna (sp?) but I don't
          trust its platic gears to stand up to much abuse. For a sleeping bag
          or quilt, or for clothing her machine would be fine but if I trashed
          it on a tent or pack. Well lets just say I respect her stuff.

          Ciao
          Michael