Re: Pad Length

  • biker135803
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 14, 2003
      I cut my wally world pad from my head to my knees-about the
      length of a 3/4 ultralite Thermarest. I have found that when I pack
      my clothes in the vacant area from my knees to my feet, that is all I
      need to keep my lower extremities warm since this portion of your
      body has nowhere near the bearing weight that your torso has. This
      allows for double use of your clothes when you are not wearing them.
      My torso almost always gets cold before my lower extremities. In
      addition, this cuts weight in two ways: the size is smaller of both
      the pad and reflectix or any other insulating material you use for
      winter conditions. It also makes for a smaller pack.
      Paul