Re: [Hammock Camping] Jungle Hammock / Hennessey Hammock

  • Scott
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 2, 2007
      Do you have the XL, or standard rain fly?

      I have an HH with a standard A-sym fly and find it to be plenty large enough
      for me. I am trying to decide if the camo version with the larger rain fly
      is worth the extra cash and weight.

      --
      Scott
      www.AntiFuel.com

    • Scott Schroeder
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 2, 2007
        Hi ian, that's a pretty cool looking setup.
        I was wondering if you sleep at a diagnol to get flat?
        Also, by the pics it looks kinda short.
        The specs say someone my height 6'3" isn't a problem, but the pics make it
        look a bit small.
        comments?
        Thanks
        Scott

      • ian toal
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 8, 2007
          Hi Scott,

          Sorry it took some time to respond, I'm 6' 3" and 195 lbs myself and slept pretty much straight in the hammock. I haven't found the room to be too diagonal in it. The slight curve in the hammock is very comfortable for me. As far as room inside the hammock, there's enough for clothes and even a regular pillow when I hang the hammock on my back porch and climb in.

          I also bought the standard rain fly and that covers the hammock well so far. I've only winter camped in it to date, even when I went in May I had 2 feet of snow on the ground, so I don't know how well the regular size works. Campmore has an 8' X 10' light weight tarp that I was thinking of buying, but that was to make a rain shelter to hang out under when I am camping.

          One thing I did just find is the spec sheet for the CJH. The address is below. In case you haven't seen it gives you some dimensions to compare with the hammock you have.

          http://www.junglehammock.com/comparison.php

          As I've said before, the CJH is a great hammock, let me know how you make out.

          Ian

          Scott Schroeder <schrochem@...> wrote: Hi ian, that's a pretty cool looking setup.