19th SEHHA Campout--Hot Springs, NC

  • Rosaleen Sullivan
    Message 1 of 34 , May 31, 2007
      Hey, Everyone-

      Thanks for the ideas about getting a ride from Asheville or other nearby airports. With school letting out at the end of the next week and a long trip planned to commence shortly after that, I can't justify the time or expense for flying off for a weekend. It is something to keep in mind for a future weekend, though.

      While thinking about cheap airfares: my sister tipped me off to < skybus.com >. They are based in Columbus, Ohio, and have a few flights to various airports. At least a few seats are reserved per flight at $10 each. (Yes, as low as $10!) Of course, this is before fees and taxes. If I hitch a ride with Moonbeam sometime, I might find a hop from Portsmouth, NH, to Columbus, and a second hop from Columbus to Greenville, SC. I was looking at fares to consider hopping between airports and renting cars of grabbing busses to access the trail. The car rentals negate any savings realized by not taking my truck on this trip.

      This is such a nice gang to "hang" out with...

      Regards,

      Rosaleen

      Re: 19th SEHHA Campout--Hot Springs, NC
      Posted by: "Noah and Jay" shortstuff_n_hooch@...<mailto:shortstuff_n_hooch@...> shortstuff_n_hooch
      Date: Wed May 30, 2007 10:48 pm ((PDT))

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com<mailto:hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com>, "Ed Speer" <ed@...> wrote:

      > Rosaleen, for the campout in Hot springs, you might consider flying
      into
      > Asheville-a bit bigger airport & only an hour away..Ed
      >

      > Moderator, Hammock Camping List
      >
      > Editor, Hammock Camping News
      >
      > Owner, Speer Hammocks Inc

      You may be able to sweet talk another camper into picking you up at the
      Asheville Airport and giving you a ride in to Hot Springs if you ask
      real nice :D We're a pretty friendly bunch, I'm sure someone can
      accomodate!

    • ij santiago
      Message 34 of 34 , Jun 12, 2007
        well, i am glad everyone enjoyed themselfs:). i hope to be attending the one
        in septermber.looking at the posted pics at the moment....