Hot Springs Head Count

  • Noah and Jay
    Message 1 of 5 , May 31, 2007
      Ed, how many folks are coming from the Yahoo group? Any idea? I think
      you're going to have a pretty good turnout for this one! Can't wait to
      see you all there in Hot Springs!
      Message 2 of 5 , May 31, 2007
        About 20 folks have signed up so far, so this is promising to be a good
        turnout. We may have to expand into the adjacent campsites! There are
        trees for about 18 hammocks at our campsite, but there is room to squeeze in
        plenty of hammock stands-so bring stands if you have them. I'll bring my
        four stands. If necessary, we'll line up hammock stands with single trees
        to get even more hammock setups; so we can probably accommodate 25-30
        hammocks overall. No one should have to sleep on the ground!

        For those offering to bring food-the Saturday nite Hot Dog Roast is also pot
        luck, so bring anything you'd like to share. Speer Hammocks will provide
        the hot dogs, but we welcome any other food as well. I'm sure we'll have
        plenty of food-after all, the camp store is only a 1 minute walk away.
        Snacks like chips or brownies are always appropriate and each person should
        bring their own drinks. Everyone is also on their own for other meals on
        Fri, Sat & Sun-some folks fix their own food in camp, while others walk 10
        minutes into town for restaurant meals. The whole spirit of our campout is
        sharing, so no one should go hungry!

        Hope everyone can make it..Ed

        Moderator, Hammock Camping List

        Editor, Hammock Camping News

        Owner, Speer Hammocks Inc

        _____

        Message 3 of 5 , May 31, 2007
          No one should EVER sleep on the ground!

          Hooch

          No one should have to sleep on the ground!
          Message 4 of 5 , May 31, 2007
            Noah and Jay <shortstuff_n_hooch@...> wrote: No one should EVER sleep on the ground!

            Hooch

            REPLY... not if we can help it... right!!!
            ed, would you like people to bring stuff like buns, mustard, ketchup, mayo, etc?

            Message 5 of 5 , May 31, 2007
              Thanks Tim, we should be ok there, but if someone wants something special
              for their hot dog, they should bring it. We'll have mayo, mustard, ketchup
              & slaw. The dogs will be beef, so if you want something different-better
              bring it yourself..Ed