Re: [Hammock Camping] Has anyone tried one of these for a campground hammock ten

    Message 1 of 4 , May 26, 2007
      Tim... I thought I saw you do something very similar to the variable
      wall concept one time a couple of years back on one of the NYE
      campouts on Springer Mountain. Did you not use a tarp and then use a
      secondary wall of some type of fabric to block the wind around or very
      near the perimeter of your tarp?

      Dave

      Message 2 of 4 , May 26, 2007
        i never did finish by making the side walls, but on my last tarp i added an extra seam on each side from end to end, about 1 foot above the hemed side edges. on that i added grosgrain loop tie outs so a side wall could be added when needed.
        the side wall would be the same length as the tarp & about 3 foot high.
        i need to make the side wall before hot springs so i can try it out & see what others think.