Has anyone tried one of these for a campground hammock tent?

    Message 1 of 4 , May 25, 2007
      It is called a Eureka 16' Polyester Wall Variable Component Shelter
      and a couple of photos of it is about half way down this page:

      http://www.troop14.info/faq.htm

      I've seen them for a while on a local hiking web site I visit as an
      advertised item for sale but haven't seen one first hand. Sixteen
      feet is huge and I saw references to a 12' version when I searched for
      info about a year or so ago but never really found that version for
      sale anywhere.

      Youngblood

        Message 3 of 4 , May 26, 2007
          Tim... I thought I saw you do something very similar to the variable
          wall concept one time a couple of years back on one of the NYE
          campouts on Springer Mountain. Did you not use a tarp and then use a
          secondary wall of some type of fabric to block the wind around or very
          near the perimeter of your tarp?

          Dave

          Message 4 of 4 , May 26, 2007
            i never did finish by making the side walls, but on my last tarp i added an extra seam on each side from end to end, about 1 foot above the hemed side edges. on that i added grosgrain loop tie outs so a side wall could be added when needed.
            the side wall would be the same length as the tarp & about 3 foot high.
            i need to make the side wall before hot springs so i can try it out & see what others think.