Mosquito Hammock Expedition or Jungle

  • Derek
    Message 1 of 3 , May 25, 2007
      Hi,

      I am brand new to hammocking and I am looking forward to my first
      hammock. I have narrowed it down to a Mosquito Hammock Expedition or
      Jungle hammock. As best as I can tell the only difference is the
      length of the hammock. For either the Expedition or Jungle I will get
      it without the tarp and get either a MacCat or other silnylon tarp. I
      am 6 feet tall and currently 190 lbs (goal to lose a few more). I am
      leaning towards the Expedition, but wonder if there are any
      advantages/disadvantages to the Jungle.

      I have read a lot of the posts here and at other forums and I am
      taking lots of notes with regards to pads, outer quilts, inner quilts,
      etc.

      Thanks for the group's experienced help.
    • Michael Supple
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 14, 2007
        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Derek" <derekshepard@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > I am brand new to hammocking and I am looking forward to my first
        > hammock. I have narrowed it down to a Mosquito Hammock Expedition or
        > Jungle hammock. As best as I can tell the only difference is the
        > length of the hammock. For either the Expedition or Jungle I will get
        > it without the tarp and get either a MacCat or other silnylon tarp. I
        > am 6 feet tall and currently 190 lbs (goal to lose a few more). I am
        > leaning towards the Expedition, but wonder if there are any
        > advantages/disadvantages to the Jungle.
        >
        > I have read a lot of the posts here and at other forums and I am
        > taking lots of notes with regards to pads, outer quilts, inner quilts,
        > etc.
        >
        > Thanks for the group's experienced help.

        At your height I would get the Jungle model. I'm 6'2" and have tried
        both models. I greatly prefer the Jungle. Most people that have been
        buying them have been buying the longer one. Keep in mind that the
        Maccat tarp will probably be too short for the Jungle model. I've been
        happy with the stock tarp, which is 13' at it's longest point, but of
        course it's a bit heavier. I love the features of the Claytor hammocks.
        I just can't get into the bottom entry thing. Good luck!

      • Scott
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 14, 2007
          I've done a bit of research and my conclusion is that the Jungle is worth
          the extra money. It comes with a decent tarp too.

          Have you looked into a Hennessey, Speer, or Clark? They are all great
          hammocks and worth looking into.

          --
          Scott
          www.AntiFuel.com