Amazonas Moskito Traveller

  • David Phillips
    Message 1 of 6 , May 16, 2007
      Anybody use this hammock? I had one once, but the zipper messed up, and I took it back
      (got a Hennessey instead). I've thought about getting another one (I kinda liked it, except
      for the zipper), and wondered if anyone else uses it. Thanks.
    • Sandy Kramer
      Message 2 of 6 , May 22, 2007
        This is also known as the Byer's of Main Mosquito Traveller. I've used
        mine about 3 times and have had no problems. Can't beat the price. I
        got a couple from C & C Outdoors for $20...but they went up to $40.

        sandy in miami

        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "David Phillips"
        <dave_o_1999@...> wrote:

        > Anybody use this hammock? I had one once, but the zipper messed up,
        and I took it back (got a Hennessey instead). I've thought about
        getting another one (I kinda liked it, except for the zipper), and
        wondered if anyone else uses it. Thanks.

      • Eric Sandberg
        Message 3 of 6 , May 24, 2007
          I have the standard Traveler and sewed a mosquito netting on it
          myself. Then saw their mosquito traveler and realised I'd done exactly
          what they did. I can't talk about their zippers, but I've used mine
          for 3 years and love it. I've since made an insulated Speer type that
          I used most of the time, but for hot nights or day naps I still use the
          traveler. Can't beat the price, weight, room to stretch out, and basic
          comfort. I'd gladly get the mosquito traveler if I were in the market.

          <dave_o_1999@...> wrote:

          > Anybody use this hammock? I had one once, but the zipper messed up,
          and I took it back
          > (got a Hennessey instead). I've thought about getting another one
          (I kinda liked it, except
          > for the zipper), and wondered if anyone else uses it. Thanks.

        • Mike
          Message 4 of 6 , May 24, 2007
            Has anyone tried the Trek Light?

            On 5/24/07, Eric Sandberg <docteric@...> wrote:

            > I have the standard Traveler and sewed a mosquito netting on it
            > myself. Then saw their mosquito traveler and realised I'd done exactly
            > what they did. I can't talk about their zippers, but I've used mine
            > for 3 years and love it. I've since made an insulated Speer type that
            > I used most of the time, but for hot nights or day naps I still use the
            > traveler. Can't beat the price, weight, room to stretch out, and basic
            > comfort. I'd gladly get the mosquito traveler if I were in the market.

            > "David Phillips"
            > <dave_o_1999@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > Anybody use this hammock? I had one once, but the zipper messed up,
            > and I took it back
            > > (got a Hennessey instead). I've thought about getting another one
            > (I kinda liked it, except
            > > for the zipper), and wondered if anyone else uses it. Thanks.

          • treklightgear
            Message 5 of 6 , May 25, 2007
              Hey Mike -

              My name is Seth Haber and I am one of the founders and owners of Trek
              Light Hammocks. Obviously my opinion is a bit biased so hopefully
              there are some others on this list that can share their opinions on our
              hammocks for you. But I just wanted to let you and the rest of the
              group know that I'm a avid reader of the hammock camping group and if
              there are any specific questions about our products that I can answer
              I'd be more than happy to. I mostly enjoy reading the posts and
              keeping a pulse on the hammock camping world but hopefully I'll find
              some time to contribute a bit more in the days ahead.

              Seth Haber
              Trek Light Hammocks
              <http://www.treklightonline.com> <http://www.treklightonline.com>

              --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, Mike <madmo453@...> wrote:

              > Has anyone tried the Trek Light?
              >
              > On 5/24/07, Eric Sandberg docteric@... wrote:
              > >
              > > I have the standard Traveler and sewed a mosquito netting on it
              > > myself. Then saw their mosquito traveler and realised I'd done
              exactly
              > > what they did. I can't talk about their zippers, but I've used mine
              > > for 3 years and love it. I've since made an insulated Speer type
              that
              > > I used most of the time, but for hot nights or day naps I still use
              the
              > > traveler. Can't beat the price, weight, room to stretch out, and
              basic
              > > comfort. I'd gladly get the mosquito traveler if I were in the
              market.

              > > --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com
              <hammockcamping%40yahoogroups.com>,

              Message 6 of 6 , May 25, 2007
                seth.. have you checked out hammockforums.net ?
                another great place to talk hammocks. ...tim

                www.treklightonline.com
                .