Re: [Hammock Camping] My first hanging.

    Message 1 of 10 , May 15, 2007
      yeah, i'll bet the adventure racer w/ no velcro could be a problem in certian situations.
      the velcro makes a pretty good seal.

      Cara Lin Bridgman <caralinb@...> wrote:
      Thanks for the suggestion, but Permethrin might not be necessary. So
      far, not hanging webbing through the Hennessey exit has worked to keep
      out crickets and ants. Hanging anything through might not keep out
      ants, but probably would keep out crickets. It makes me wonder how the
      Adventure Racer would work--no velcro. In other words, my point is that
      the velcro is important whether you're occupying the hammock or not.
      Some folks have pointed out the velcro mainly functions to keep things
      out when you're not in.

      CL

      Message 2 of 10 , May 15, 2007
        that's right. i forgot about the gear hammock. check out jeff's gear hammock on the JRB site. http://www.jacksrbetter.com/index_files/Products%20List.htm

        cass-rjp@... wrote: 1. Buy or make an equipment hammock for your shoes and things. 2. If not, put
        your shoes inside a large ziplock bag, stuffsack, or any large plastic bag and
        hang it on your hammock suspension with a cord.
        Quoting mrbyer :
        .