Re: [Hammock Camping] My first hanging.

  • cass-rjp@sulat.msuiit.edu.ph
    Message 1 of 10 , May 14, 2007
      1. Buy or make an equipment hammock for your shoes and things. 2. If not, put
      your shoes inside a large ziplock bag, stuffsack, or any large plastic bag and
      hang it on your hammock suspension with a cord.
      Quoting mrbyer <mrbyer@...>:

      > I have finally gotten the chance to spend a weekend hanging. I spent a
      > long time reading and researching prior to taking the plunge. I am
      > really surprised it has taken me this long. Well it was a great
      > weekend, the weather dropped to the mid-high 30's and I was still
      > toasty warm. I am going again this weekend.
      >
      > One question for the group, what do you do with your shoes to keep
      > them accessible, dry, and not so the creepy-crawlies can get in them?
      >
      > mrb

      Mindanao State University - Iligan Campus
      Visit us at http://www.msuiit.edu.ph
      Message 2 of 10 , May 15, 2007
        yeah, i'll bet the adventure racer w/ no velcro could be a problem in certian situations.
        the velcro makes a pretty good seal.

        Cara Lin Bridgman <caralinb@...> wrote:
        Thanks for the suggestion, but Permethrin might not be necessary. So
        far, not hanging webbing through the Hennessey exit has worked to keep
        out crickets and ants. Hanging anything through might not keep out
        ants, but probably would keep out crickets. It makes me wonder how the
        Adventure Racer would work--no velcro. In other words, my point is that
        the velcro is important whether you're occupying the hammock or not.
        Some folks have pointed out the velcro mainly functions to keep things
        out when you're not in.

        CL

        Message 3 of 10 , May 15, 2007
          that's right. i forgot about the gear hammock. check out jeff's gear hammock on the JRB site. http://www.jacksrbetter.com/index_files/Products%20List.htm