Re: [Hammock Camping] My first hanging.

  • Cara Lin Bridgman
    Message 1 of 10 , May 14, 2007
      Thanks for the suggestion, but Permethrin might not be necessary. So
      far, not hanging webbing through the Hennessey exit has worked to keep
      out crickets and ants. Hanging anything through might not keep out
      ants, but probably would keep out crickets. It makes me wonder how the
      Adventure Racer would work--no velcro. In other words, my point is that
      the velcro is important whether you're occupying the hammock or not.
      Some folks have pointed out the velcro mainly functions to keep things
      out when you're not in.

      CL

    • cass-rjp@sulat.msuiit.edu.ph
      Message 2 of 10 , May 14, 2007
        1. Buy or make an equipment hammock for your shoes and things. 2. If not, put
        your shoes inside a large ziplock bag, stuffsack, or any large plastic bag and
        hang it on your hammock suspension with a cord.
        Quoting mrbyer <mrbyer@...>:

        > I have finally gotten the chance to spend a weekend hanging. I spent a
        > long time reading and researching prior to taking the plunge. I am
        > really surprised it has taken me this long. Well it was a great
        > weekend, the weather dropped to the mid-high 30's and I was still
        > toasty warm. I am going again this weekend.
        >
        > One question for the group, what do you do with your shoes to keep
        > them accessible, dry, and not so the creepy-crawlies can get in them?
        >
        > mrb

        Mindanao State University - Iligan Campus
        Visit us at http://www.msuiit.edu.ph
        Message 3 of 10 , May 15, 2007
          yeah, i'll bet the adventure racer w/ no velcro could be a problem in certian situations.
          the velcro makes a pretty good seal.

          Message 4 of 10 , May 15, 2007
            that's right. i forgot about the gear hammock. check out jeff's gear hammock on the JRB site. http://www.jacksrbetter.com/index_files/Products%20List.htm

            cass-rjp@... wrote: 1. Buy or make an equipment hammock for your shoes and things. 2. If not, put