Re: [Hammock Camping] washing down quilt,etc

  • Melissa
    Message 1 of 11 , May 12 9:52 AM
      hehe... I think I'm going to like it here a lot! Thanks for letting me join
      your great group here!

      Go Brian Canter (PBR) !!!!! Go Jennifer Santiago (WCL) !!!!!! wooohoooo
      !!!!!
      Message 2 of 11 , May 12 12:04 PM
        "Instructions for washing a down bag..
        First buy a 12 pack, you're going to need it.
        1. FILL your bath tub with water and down soap, warm water please. Drink
        a beer.
        2. Take your bag stuffed in it's small stuff sack submerge the whole
        thing and unstuff it under water. Allow it to (gasp) soak up the
        water/soap. Let it sit. Work it around etc for like 15 min. Drink a beer.
        3. Drain the water from the tube refill with clean warm water and make
        sure that you work the clean water into the bag to get all the soap out
        of the feathers. Drain again, and drink another beer
        4. Repeat step three, drinka' beer
        5. Repeat step three, drinka' nother
        6. "MUSH" all the water out of the bag and let it sit in the tub for a
        while to drain as much excess as you can. This a two beer time period,
        watch TV do something.
        7. Call a buddy, have him/her come over (they are going to drive you to
        the laundry mat, you're drunk). Give them a beer and have another your
        self. You have 3 beers left and $20 for a huge front loading dryer, and
        a two pack of tennis balls
        8. Take the bag, balls, and beer to the laundry mat. Throw the bag and
        balls into the FRONT loading dryer and turn the heat as low as possible.
        Sit and watch it spin and drink the remainder of your 12 pack, this is
        at least a 3 beer time period, if not more. Occasionally check to make
        sure that the down "clumps" are breakin' up and drying up good. Now the
        bag is clean and hopefully dry, let it air dry over night and you should
        be good to go in the morning. Well at least the bag will, you'll have a
        hang over "

        Accurate instructions with a little humor.

        Dick Matthews

          Message 4 of 11 , May 13 9:38 AM
            Great instructions, reading between the suds. (Hey, that's an idea! Can you
            substitute books for beer? How many chapters = one 12 oz.?)
            David

            Live Hotmail.
            Message 5 of 11 , May 13 11:37 AM
              good idea david. i don't drink, so reading between steps would work for me<g>. ...tim

              David Elliott <delliott78@...> wrote: Great instructions, reading between the suds. (Hey, that's an idea! Can you