RE: [SPAM] [Hammock Camping] washing down quilt,etc

    Message 1 of 11 , May 12, 2007
      yep, i ran it through 2 cycles in the dryer & it seemed that it was dry (or very close to dry), but when i put it on me in the hammock i could feel a slight dampness.
      but i decided to let my body heat dry it through the night.
      i've shone the pea pod & top blanket to several people that came over to the house. it's a truly versatile system. looking forward to trail days. ..tim

      Ed Speer <ed@...> wrote:
      Glad you like the PeaPod & Top Blanket Tim. You're doing fine with the
      drying-it just takes a long time to get all of the moisture out. That down
      should be very fluffy when you're done. See ya next weekend end at
      TrailDays07..ed

      Moderator, Hammock Camping List

      Editor, Hammock Camping News

      Owner, Speer Hammocks Inc

      _____

      Message 2 of 11 , May 12, 2007
        hehe... I think I'm going to like it here a lot! Thanks for letting me join
        your great group here!

        Go Brian Canter (PBR) !!!!! Go Jennifer Santiago (WCL) !!!!!! wooohoooo
        !!!!!
        Message 3 of 11 , May 12, 2007
          "Instructions for washing a down bag..
          First buy a 12 pack, you're going to need it.
          1. FILL your bath tub with water and down soap, warm water please. Drink
          a beer.
          2. Take your bag stuffed in it's small stuff sack submerge the whole
          thing and unstuff it under water. Allow it to (gasp) soak up the
          water/soap. Let it sit. Work it around etc for like 15 min. Drink a beer.
          3. Drain the water from the tube refill with clean warm water and make
          sure that you work the clean water into the bag to get all the soap out
          of the feathers. Drain again, and drink another beer
          4. Repeat step three, drinka' beer
          5. Repeat step three, drinka' nother
          6. "MUSH" all the water out of the bag and let it sit in the tub for a
          while to drain as much excess as you can. This a two beer time period,
          watch TV do something.
          7. Call a buddy, have him/her come over (they are going to drive you to
          the laundry mat, you're drunk). Give them a beer and have another your
          self. You have 3 beers left and $20 for a huge front loading dryer, and
          a two pack of tennis balls
          8. Take the bag, balls, and beer to the laundry mat. Throw the bag and
          balls into the FRONT loading dryer and turn the heat as low as possible.
          Sit and watch it spin and drink the remainder of your 12 pack, this is
          at least a 3 beer time period, if not more. Occasionally check to make
          sure that the down "clumps" are breakin' up and drying up good. Now the
          bag is clean and hopefully dry, let it air dry over night and you should
          be good to go in the morning. Well at least the bag will, you'll have a
          hang over "

          Accurate instructions with a little humor.

          Dick Matthews

            Message 5 of 11 , May 13, 2007
              Great instructions, reading between the suds. (Hey, that's an idea! Can you
              substitute books for beer? How many chapters = one 12 oz.?)
              David

              Live Hotmail.
              Message 6 of 11 , May 13, 2007
                good idea david. i don't drink, so reading between steps would work for me<g>. ...tim

                David Elliott <delliott78@...> wrote: Great instructions, reading between the suds. (Hey, that's an idea! Can you