Re: [Hammock Camping] modified sleeping bag

  • Coy
    Message 1 of 14 , May 8, 2007
      same here. The one thing I do miss using a bag as a quilt is being
      able to bend my knees as much when I want on my side. Whem on my
      back I can't get as diagional as befor but enough to get pretty
      flat. The bag kinda follows you as you move diagional. However, it
      is restricted in movement somewhat and dont bend as far as it would
      on a pad, thus the knee bend restriction. But leaving the pad at
      home is worth the trade off for me. Right now I am using a BA Lost
      Ranger and the dual core pad for the first time. Spent one night in
      my hammock and 2 on the ground so far (hiss.....) and it works
      great. A little tricky getting on the diagional in it too but I
      slept soundly all night long. I will have this info in a report for
      BGT soon and post a link.

      Coy Boy
      PS garizon, I saw your pic of the blue bag. If you could get one (a
      closeup) of the hood slit cut it would be great. I may try that on
      my Volt.

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, gerzson <gerzson@...> wrote:

      > I do sleep in diagonal. The hammock is not expanded as if you sleep
      > normally, but my head is on one side of the hammock and my feet on
      the
      > other. I sleep flat on the side usually.
      >
      > gerzson
      >

      > On 5/8/07, chcoa <jdeben@...> wrote:
      > > I''ve been using this method for two winters and I find I don't
      > > sleep as well because I'm not as able to sleep on the "diagonal".
      > > Does anyone else experience this and have you found a solution?
      > >
      > > Jamie in AZ

      > > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Coy
      Message 2 of 14 , May 8, 2007
        You musta been typing a reply the same timeIi was. no fair you being
        a faster typer... But, the extra lenght may be a big part of my
        comfort in the bag over hammock. Using a bag does make it fell a
        little shorter so my 11 foot hammock may fell more like a 9 footer.
        As you know, there is a limit on how long you can praqctiacally go.
        Any longer than around 11 or 12 fee and you will need a huge tarp (at
        least length wise bu width would stay about the same) plus need to be
        able to reach way up to tie it off high enough to stay clear of the
        ground.

        Coy Boy
        PS I forgot to mention in the other reply but Codys still doing well
        at the preaching school. ever time he comes home he preaches to
        me...and is ready for a long hike if he can find the time. He and
        another student are working on plans to go to Wyoming this summer
        though. I need a job that would let me tag along.

        http://picasaweb.google.com/gerzson/20070203MaguraMarga/photo#5030927
        > > > 010108002354

        > > > work
        > > > bag is
        > > > torso

        > > > put

        > > > for

        > > > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • gerzson
        Message 3 of 14 , May 9, 2007
          On 5/8/07, Coy <starnescr@...> wrote:
          > PS garizon, I saw your pic of the blue bag. If you could get one (a
          > closeup) of the hood slit cut it would be great. I may try that on
          > my Volt.

          Here are the (unsorted) pics from last night.
          I made some close-ups of both ends.

          gerzson
        • gerzson
          Message 4 of 14 , May 9, 2007