Re: [Hammock Camping] hammock stand

  • amendment2@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , May 2, 2007
      I think 3" would work.
      Dave Fox

      Message 2 of 5 , May 2, 2007
        I believe I have seen chairs made out of PVC, light weight aluminum,
        etc, and I feel that any material you can make a chair out of, you
        have a good chance of making a hammock stand out of. One of the big
        hurdles is the fittings to connect pieces together-- finding them in
        the right shapes and strong enough. If you could make whatever you
        wanted you could do it with a lot of different light weight materials.

        Youngblood

        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, Scott <hacktorious@...> wrote:

        > I would be afraid the PVC would not be strong enough. I guess if
        you came
        > up with the right design it might work. I have seen a lot of
        strange things
        > made with PVC, but never a hammock stand.
        >
        > --
        > Scott
        > www.AntiFuel.com
        > www.HikeHaven.com
        >
        > Minds are like parachutes, they only function when they are open.
        >
        > On 5/1/07, scout27615 <gs@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > I looked at Ed's metal and Risk's wood/metal hammock stands;
        however,
        > > has anyone built a stand from PVC pipe (schedule 40)? Thanks, gary

      • terry_and_pearl
        Message 3 of 5 , May 5, 2007
          --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "scout27615" <gs@...> wrote:

          > I looked at Ed's metal and Risk's wood/metal hammock stands; however,
          > has anyone built a stand from PVC pipe (schedule 40)? Thanks, gary

          Look at the plastic electrical conduit. Something like PVC, but gray
          and much stronger AND HEAVIER. Fittings might be a problem, don't
          know. But the stuff is very strong.