Re: [Hammock Camping] hammock stand

  • Scott
    Message 1 of 5 , May 1 9:12 PM
      I would be afraid the PVC would not be strong enough. I guess if you came
      up with the right design it might work. I have seen a lot of strange things
      made with PVC, but never a hammock stand.

      --
      Scott
      www.AntiFuel.com

    • amendment2@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , May 2 4:24 AM
        I think 3" would work.
        Dave Fox

        Message 3 of 5 , May 2 5:50 AM
          I believe I have seen chairs made out of PVC, light weight aluminum,
          etc, and I feel that any material you can make a chair out of, you
          have a good chance of making a hammock stand out of. One of the big
          hurdles is the fittings to connect pieces together-- finding them in
          the right shapes and strong enough. If you could make whatever you
          wanted you could do it with a lot of different light weight materials.

          Youngblood

          --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, Scott <hacktorious@...> wrote:

          > I would be afraid the PVC would not be strong enough. I guess if
          you came
          > up with the right design it might work. I have seen a lot of
          strange things
          > made with PVC, but never a hammock stand.
          >
          > --
          > Scott
          > www.AntiFuel.com
          > www.HikeHaven.com
          >
          > Minds are like parachutes, they only function when they are open.
          >
          > On 5/1/07, scout27615 <gs@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > I looked at Ed's metal and Risk's wood/metal hammock stands;
          however,
          > > has anyone built a stand from PVC pipe (schedule 40)? Thanks, gary

        • terry_and_pearl
          Message 4 of 5 , May 5 5:30 PM
            --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "scout27615" <gs@...> wrote:

            > I looked at Ed's metal and Risk's wood/metal hammock stands; however,
            > has anyone built a stand from PVC pipe (schedule 40)? Thanks, gary

            Look at the plastic electrical conduit. Something like PVC, but gray
            and much stronger AND HEAVIER. Fittings might be a problem, don't
            know. But the stuff is very strong.