SEHHA at hot springs

    Message 1 of 36 , Apr 8, 2007
      it's getting close & i'm excited even though i have run into a snag
      that could possibly cause me to not make the camp out.
      my mom lives w/ me & has lots of health problems. she had to go back
      to the hospital friday.
      i don't know when they will send her home or if she will be able to
      get around the house by herself.
      if she comes home i'll see if i can get help from some of the family
      so i can still attend the hot springs camp out. i'll be greatly
      disappointed if i don't, but i'll do all i can to make it work. but
      making sure mom is taken care of is first priority.
      several from hammockforums are planning to come & also try to do
      several short video clips that give clear instruction (especially for
      beginner hammockers) on a lot of the basic stuff that we take for
      granted after we've been hanging for a while... attachment methods,
      adjusting under quilts, etc.
      i'll try to find out how many are coming that aren't active on this
      yahoo group so ed & karen will have a better idea what to expect.
      and if there were more than usual, several hammock stands may be
      needed.
      ...tim
    • Cara Lin Bridgman
      Message 36 of 36 , Apr 12, 2007
        If you hang it low, it should be easier than rappelling--depending on
        the current. What about that picture in the Hennessey website of the
        hammock suspended over water--he got in and out using the boat.

        CL