Re: Fixing HH Asym

  • Rosaleen Sullivan
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 8, 2007
      Hey, Chuck-

      You have a great idea, BUT;

      If that parachute line is nylon, it will stretch way too much, defeating the purpose of the integral non-stretchy ridge line.

      Rosaleen

      Re: Fixing HH Asym
      Posted by: "Chuck Henderson" chu62003@...<mailto:chu62003@...> chu62003
      Date: Sat Apr 7, 2007 12:29 pm ((PDT))

      The line itself parted? or did it come unfastened from the hamock?

      if the rope parted then simply get some parachute cord ( breaking
      strength of 500lbs +) and tie the two pieces together using a reef
      knot and two half hitches on each side of the knot.

      now if it came apart from the hammock itself I have no suggestions

    • Wayne Kraft
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 8, 2007
        Thanks for the suggestions, everyone. I am hearing impaired and can't use a phone the
        normal way, so I expect everyone to use email. I'll try calling Tom with a relay operator, but
        it's kind of a pain.

        The ridge line actually broke in two and it happened when I grabbed it without really thinking
        to rearrange my 200 lb carcass in the hammock. It happened on the next to the last day of
        my last hike of the season last summer and the next night was so warm, clear and wondrous
        I just sacked out on the ground. First trip of the year this year was in the high desert with no
        trees so i didn't need the hammock, but I've got some great hammock trips coming up. It
        would be nice to just send it in and have it fixed, but if Tom's as busy as it appears I'm
        wondering when I'd get the hammock back.

        Wayne