Re: [Hammock Camping] two in a hammock

  • Chuck Henderson
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 7, 2007
      If I were to make a single hammock out of two full pieces of ripstop
      nylon in the manner of a speers hammock , would the seam not
      naturally provide a ridge of some sort between the two ?

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "C C Wayah" <ccwayah@...>

      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 8, 2007
        Yes, but you would still be banging into each other because gravity
        would have both of you trying to occupy the same space. People have
        used two individual hammocks tied in close proximity but with enough
        separation to keep from banging into each other... some have used
        three trees (one shared and the other two close by), others have use
        two large diameter trees with the hammocks offset to different sides
        of the trees, others have used two trees with struts providing the
        separation, etc.

        Youngblood

        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Chuck Henderson"
        <chu62003@...> wrote:

        > If I were to make a single hammock out of two full pieces of ripstop
        > nylon in the manner of a speers hammock , would the seam not
        > naturally provide a ridge of some sort between the two ?

      • gerzson
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 8, 2007
          One thing I found to be working well is hanging one above the other.
          There is no special tree configuration required, the distance between
          the hammocks can be easily adjusted, and a simple normal tarp can
          cover both.

          gerzson
        • C C Wayah
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 8, 2007
            > If I were to make a single hammock out of two full pieces of ripstop
            > nylon in the manner of a speers hammock , would the seam not
            > naturally provide a ridge of some sort between the two ?

            I woudl assume the seam would fail rather quickly as seams are your weakest
            ponts and would be a high stress area.
            Rogene