Re: [Hammock Camping] Re: Studies

  • Cara Lin Bridgman
    Message 1 of 14 , Apr 4, 2007
      amendment2@... wrote:
      > Can you tell me the recovery time from frequently used tent campsites?
      > Please cite studies, not anecdotal evidence.

      Won't recovery time depend on use (amount and type), habitat, substrate,
      and climate?

      I'd expect recover times in the GSMNP to be different from those in
      Grand Canyon NP.
    • Scott
      Message 2 of 14 , Apr 4, 2007
        The leadership course I took, which I previously mentioned, was taught by Leave
        No Trace <http://www.lnt.org/main.html>.

        Here are some articles I dug up from their website, which may contain the
        info your looking for.

        Recreation Impacts and Management in Wilderness: A State-of-Knowledge
        Review<http://www.lnt.org/training/resources/documents/SOKWildernesspap.pdf>
        Recreation Ecology Research Findings - Implications for Wilderness and Park
        Managers<http://www.lnt.org/training/resources/documents/RecEcolResFindings.pdf>

        The link to more of their resources is:
        http://www.lnt.org/training/resources/index.html

        If you cannot what your looking for you can browse their main website by
        visiting: http://www.lnt.org

        I am sure you can find something there. You can also email them and ask any
        further questions you might have. They are more then willing to help.
        Good Luck!

        PS:
        I am digging through my paperwork from the course in hopes I might find
        something for you.

        --
        Scott
        www.AntiFuel.com

      • amendment2@aol.com
        Message 3 of 14 , Apr 5, 2007
          Thanks, I already have found in the studies you cited, that tent camping
          recovery depending on the resiliancy of the site can take from 3 to 30 years.
          More importantly, in the report bibliographies, I have more names of people to
          contact for current information.