Re: [Hammock Camping] asym tarp

  • Patrick
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 4, 2007
      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, Scott <hacktorious@...> wrote:

      > Nice site, thanks.
      >
      > After doing a little research is seems to cost about the same to buy a
      tarp,
      > or make your own. I cannot see paying $100+ for materials when I can
      buy a
      > pre-made Mac tarp for $115. Perhaps I am looking in the wrong places
      to buy
      > materials. Any suggestions?
      >
      > Previously someone suggested Walmart, but the one in my area doesn't
      seem to
      > carry anything. I tried G Street Fabrics near my place, but they don't
      have
      > any labels on the rip-stop nylon so I don't know if it is 1.1, or 1.9,
      and
      > either do the employees.
      >
      > --
      > Scott
      > www.AntiFuel.com
      >
      > Minds are like parachutes, they only function when they are open.

      You can order from Ed! There are materials for order at Ed Speer's
      website. <http://speerhammocks.com/> You can buy 1.9 oz. Ripstop
      Nylon, Silnylon, Straps, Noseeum, the works. Good prices.

      I'm not associated with Ed in any way, but have ordered materials from
      his site with good results.

      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 4, 2007
        ed speer has silnylon for $4.00 per yard. if you got 4 yards for each side (a total of 8 yards) the cost of the silnylon would be $32.00 + S & H.
        i like the guy line ed sells as good as any too.
        so after thread & a tube of silicon for seam sealing, i would think well under $50.00 if you wanted to go that route. ...tim