Re: Gossamer Gear's 1/4" pad for hammocks

    Message 1 of 17 , Mar 29 4:20 PM
      I don't know if you realize it but wide 1/4" pads have been available
      for a while. Speer Hammocks and Oware have both sold them for several
      years now.

      Also, for those wanting to widen their existing pads, the Speer
      Segmented Pad Extenders (SPE) were designed to do that.

      Dave Womble
      aka Youngblood 2000
      co-developer of the Speer SPE

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Sandy Kramer" <sandykayak@...>
      wrote:

      > Not sure if this has been discussed here, but they are now making it in
      > a WIDE (40") version for hammocks. The standard 1/4-incher is 19.5"
      > wide.
      >
      > Grant from GG said that it is very wide and that one should get in and
      > have someone trace your torso and then cut it.
      >
      > hmmmm how the heck would you transport it on or in your pack? across
      > the top you would look like a walking crucifix!!
      >
      > Comments?
      >
      > http://www.gossamergear.com/cgi-bin/gossamergear/thinlight.html

    • Cara Lin Bridgman
      Message 2 of 17 , Mar 29 10:46 PM
        scmorse1 wrote:
        > Thanks for the tip on the new version. I think I will upgrade. All
        > that duct tape is kinda heavy.

        Don't want to knock duct tape (sacrilege!), but it IS heavy.

        CL