Re: [Hammock Camping] hiking poles as a spreder bar

    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 19, 2007
      i've been sleeping every night, at home & several nights on the trail, w/ this set up for close to two months now. there's no sign of stress or damage to the hammock edge or anything else.
      think about the webbing bar tacked as a dasiy chain on the hammock edge & the shock cord loops. a good combonation. very little stress on the treking pole or the hammock.
      does a great job of giving the hammock an open, structured feeling.
      to see all the photos go to the "home made gallery" at <http://hammockfourms.net>
      ...tim
      C C Wayah <ccwayah@...> wrote: Back in 2002 I tired out something like your describing just to spread the
      sides open. I never got to where I had a system that held the poles all
      night long without them poping out and I was nto sure the poles could handle
      the stress.. I'm intrigued with your idea please,
      Can you email the pictres direcly to me?
      OR give me the URL to the pictures.
      The little time the poles stayed on I was so much more comfortable.
      WOW I'm impressed with this group's inventiveness.

      Thanks Tim.
      Rogene
      CCWayah .