Re:Humor: Spiders and Hammocks

  • Jack Rowe
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 13, 2007
      Once started an ill-fated canoe camping trip in Tx w/ an arachnophobic brother, river was over its banks and back-and-forth curvy so we soon lost it, spent half the day paddling in cow fields (pulling the canoe over fences, etc.) and half in flooded woods...while in the woods every land spider we passed under leapt out of their refuges in the trees and tried to make landfall in our boat...poor 'bro was frantically miserable, the perfect time for hammocks though (no land, plenty of trees) but couldn't get him to stay and never got him to go back.