Tasmanian Adventure

  • Margie King
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 11, 2007
      Hi all,

      I’m Margie.

      I’m a fun
      loving but quiet girl who enjoys getting out and discovering new things. My partner and I have just finished a 3 month
      camping trip around Tasmania
      and I wanted to tell people about it.

      We started out in Hobart,
      a beautiful little city and headed south, as far south as you can go on any
      road in the world. Then headed north
      when the weather decided to turn on us. The
      Tasmanian weather is a fickle thing at times, one minute it is warm and sunny
      the next you are getting snowed on. The
      sound of snow on the tent was something I will never forget.

      We made a complete circumnavigation of the state, enjoying
      the scenic views from different locations, camping in free campgrounds, walking
      different tracks and bushwalks. The
      unique wildlife showed us what they are capable of, as did the insects. It was a rush watching the sun come up in the
      mornings and seeing the magnificent sunsets over the west coast. I must say that the only way to experience Tasmania fully is by
      taking it slowly and watching everything that happens.

      We enjoyed the experience of seeing Tasmania so much that we
      decided to build a website, Real Tasmania http://www.realtasmania.com
      , dedicated to informing other people about it.
      I am writing a blog journal, as we speak at Real Tasmania, where you can
      read about what happened and where we went.
      There is also information about Tasmania,
      a gallery, and a forum where you can ask questions about anything Tasmanian.

      Hope to see you all at Real Tasmania and if you have been to
      Tasmania, why
      not join and tell us about your Tasmanian experience.

      http://www.realtasmania.com

      Cheers

      Margie

      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 11, 2007
        Hi Margie, sounds like quite an adventure. Thanks for inviting us to
        your new web site--it's very nice. I've always wanted to visit
        Tasmania, & camping & hiking sure sounds like the way to go. Best of
        luck & thanks again....Ed

        Moderator, Hammock Camping List
        Author, Hammock Camping book
        Editor, Hammock Camping Newsletters
        Owner, Speer Hammocks, Inc
      • Bill Fornshell
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 11, 2007
          This is spam and I just dumped her from a group I
          moderate yesterday. I catch all this stuff before it
          gets sent out by moderating all new members.

          --- Margie King <scuba_margie@...> wrote:

          > Hi all,
          >

          > I’m Margie.
          >

          > I’m a fun
          > loving but quiet girl who enjoys getting out and
          > discovering new things. My partner and I have just
          > finished a 3 month
          > camping trip around Tasmania
          > and I wanted to tell people about it.
          >

          > We started out in Hobart,
          > a beautiful little city and headed south, as far
          > south as you can go on any
          > road in the world. Then headed north
          > when the weather decided to turn on us. The
          > Tasmanian weather is a fickle thing at times, one
          > minute it is warm and sunny
          > the next you are getting snowed on. The
          > sound of snow on the tent was something I will never
          > forget.
          >

          > We made a complete circumnavigation of the state,
          > enjoying
          > the scenic views from different locations, camping
          > in free campgrounds, walking
          > different tracks and bushwalks. The
          > unique wildlife showed us what they are capable of,
          > as did the insects. It was a rush watching the sun
          > come up in the
          > mornings and seeing the magnificent sunsets over the
          > west coast. I must say that the only way to
          > experience Tasmania fully is by
          > taking it slowly and watching everything that
          > happens.
          >

          > We enjoyed the experience of seeing Tasmania so much
          > that we
          > decided to build a website, Real Tasmania
          > http://www.realtasmania.com
          > , dedicated to informing other people about it.
          > I am writing a blog journal, as we speak at Real
          > Tasmania, where you can
          > read about what happened and where we went.
          > There is also information about Tasmania,
          > a gallery, and a forum where you can ask questions
          > about anything Tasmanian.
          >

          > Hope to see you all at Real Tasmania and if you have
          > been to
          > Tasmania, why
          > not join and tell us about your Tasmanian
          > experience.
          >

          > http://www.realtasmania.com
          >

          > Cheers
          >

          > Margie

          > removed]

          TV dinner still cooling?
          http://tv.yahoo.com/
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 11, 2007
            thanks bill. i was wondering about that. ...tim

            Bill Fornshell <bfornshell@...> wrote: This is spam and I just dumped her from a group I

            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 11, 2007
              Bill, have you visited the web site Margie referred to? It's a great site
              highlighting the natural features of Tasmania. Maybe there's nothing about
              hammocks, but she did intro her post with her epic camping adventure.
              Tasmania would be a great place to go hammock camping.Ed

              Moderator, Hammock Camping List

              Editor, Hammock Camping News

              Owner, Speer Hammocks Inc

              _____

              thanks bill. i was wondering about that. ...tim

              Bill Fornshell <bfornshell@yahoo. <mailto:bfornshell%40yahoo.com> com>

              --- Margie King wrote:

              > Hi all,
              >

              > I'm Margie.
              >

              > I'm a fun
              > loving but quiet girl who enjoys getting out and
              > discovering new things. My partner and I have just
              > finished a 3 month
              > camping trip around Tasmania
              > and I wanted to tell people about it.
              >

              > We started out in Hobart,
              > a beautiful little city and headed south, as far
              > south as you can go on any
              > road in the world. Then headed north
              > when the weather decided to turn on us. The
              > Tasmanian weather is a fickle thing at times, one
              > minute it is warm and sunny
              > the next you are getting snowed on. The
              > sound of snow on the tent was something I will never
              > forget.
              >

              > We made a complete circumnavigation of the state,
              > enjoying
              > the scenic views from different locations, camping
              > in free campgrounds, walking
              > different tracks and bushwalks. The
              > unique wildlife showed us what they are capable of,
              > as did the insects. It was a rush watching the sun
              > come up in the
              > mornings and seeing the magnificent sunsets over the
              > west coast. I must say that the only way to
              > experience Tasmania fully is by
              > taking it slowly and watching everything that
              > happens.
              >

              > We enjoyed the experience of seeing Tasmania so much
              > that we
              > decided to build a website, Real Tasmania
              > http://www.realtasm <http://www.realtasmania.com> ania.com
              > , dedicated to informing other people about it.
              > I am writing a blog journal, as we speak at Real
              > Tasmania, where you can
              > read about what happened and where we went.
              > There is also information about Tasmania,
              > a gallery, and a forum where you can ask questions
              > about anything Tasmanian.
              >

              > Hope to see you all at Real Tasmania and if you have
              > been to
              > Tasmania, why
              > not join and tell us about your Tasmanian
              > experience.
              >

              > http://www.realtasm <http://www.realtasmania.com> ania.com
              >

              > Cheers
              >

              > Margie

              > removed]

            • RevT
              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 11, 2007
                It might have been, but three other list I know of got the exact same email.

                Brian

              • list@moz.geek.nz
                Message 7 of 8 , Mar 11, 2007
                  > Bill, have you visited the web site Margie referred to? It's a great site
                  > highlighting the natural features of Tasmania.

                  There are better sites, and that one seemed awful ad-heavy to me. She's
                  also a first poster, and doesn't seem to be reading this list (FWIW, it's
                  ~lunchtime in Australia as I post this)

                  Moz
                • Bill Fornshell
                  Message 8 of 8 , Mar 11, 2007
                    Hi Ed,

                    It was way off-topic for the group I moderate so for
                    that group it was same as spam. Yes, I looked at it.
                    The pictures were nice so it may not have been bad
                    spam but I still think it was spam.

                    This is your group so it is your call.

                    Bill in Texas