RE: [Hammock Camping] Re: Tying a hammock

  • Stuhr, Tim
    Message 1 of 15 , Mar 8, 2007
      I do both half-hitches as slippery half-hitches. It holds well and you
      only have to pull on one cord to release it all. I've been using it on
      my tarp like that for a while.

      Stoikurt

      Message 2 of 15 , Mar 8, 2007

        > Nate, the first half hitch being slippery and the second one not seems
        > kind of strange to me. Does it release easily?

        I just started using this knot, and so far it seems to release easy.
        This whole knot reminds me of a trucker's hitch. So far I am liking
        it because of the ease of release and the flexibility in adjusting the
        hammock height I get from the knot.