RE: Hammock Camping Improved 4 wrap knot

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 9, 2003
      Message
      Thanks Rick for the pics of that knot you've been talking about.  It looks great.  I've often used the same idea when there is not enough strap to complete my 4 wrap knot.  On large diameter trees when the strap is way too short for the 4 wrap knot or even too short for your quick-release loop, I've actually put a 1/4-1/2" diameter stick into the knot before tightening it--that way, the stick can be easily wiggled out leaving just enough slack to undo the rest of the knot in the morning.  In the field, of course things are seldom ideal and thus 'necessity can be the mother of invention'   ....Ed